Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things I've Been Doing Besides Blogging

Well, hello again.  My long (eight days?) absence is come to an end, and I'm sure you're all rejoicing.  I've been home for about, well, eight days now, and I've been pretty busy doing things that are not internet related.  This may have something to do with the fact that my house no longer has wifi (shocking--yes, I'm at a desktop) or maybe something to do with the fact that it's been 65-75 degrees EVERY SINGLE DAY so far this summer, and I'm taking advantage of that.  Never know when the weather's gonna change and become last summer. (45 straight days of rain, anyone?)

Anyway, summer's the time to get outside and all that jazz, so I won't be spending as much time online.  Probably also because I can't use my laptop in bed anymore.  This is what I've been up to since being home the last week or so.

Working:  Well duh, gotta make that cash moneys.  I'm lucky that my job lets me call them up every time I'm in town and puts me on the schedule pretty much whenever.  For those of you who don't know, I work at the delicious Great Harvest Bakery, where free bread is always an option.  I get sick of it though, so you're welcome to come visit me and bring other delicious things.  I'll give you bread in return.  I love the girls I've been working with all through high school, but some of our newer employees are questionable.  I guess that's why they're always so willing to hire me back.  To supplement my bakery income I'm babysitting too.  Flashback to middle school much?  Oh well, it pays well, is tax free, and not that awful.  Especially when you can take the kids to Bouncin Bears and have an excuse to play too.

Swimming, Biking, Running, a little hiking:  I may have mentioned that my workout-obsessed mother signed me up for some races upon my return.  This includes a 12k run, a sprint triathlon, and a half marathon, all in the next three weeks.  So I've been trying to get my act together, as well as erase that freshman 15 once and for all.  At least the weather's been good so that riding my bike to work, going to track practices with my mom, and returning to my club swim team doesn't seem too terrible.  We'll see if any of it pays off on race day...race days, I should say.

Seeing old friends:  Isn't that the point of coming home for the summer?  That, and rent-free living, I guess.  My friends and I have frequented all the classic hangouts:  Kaladi Brothers, Perfect Cup, the Service frolf course, Rabbit Creek playgroud.  I still haven't hit up Moose's Tooth...who wants to join me?  Seeing old friends is bittersweet because you're having so much fun but missing all your new friends.  I, for one, keep seeing or doing things that I wish my Trin friends could experince too.  When are you guys gonna visit already?!  But old friends are also so easy to spend time with...the same activities and locations happen with hardly any effort.  It's so natural for us to just gather in the Taco Bell parking lot at 10pm....we're classy, I know. 

Tweeting:  #obsessed.  I made a Twitter a few months ago but waited so long to write my first Tweet that I was afraid nothing would be good enough to be my first one.  Well, I squashed that fear and finally posted, and now I can't stop.  I know I said I was staying away from the internet, but Twitter is on my phone so it doesn't count, right?  Follow me @aklovin14.  I've had a lot of ideas for clever tweets, but I don't want to overpost right away, so hopefully I won't forget them when I actually do choose to post.  I guess we've all #beenthere.  Some of my favorites that I follow: @azizansari, @thoughtcatalog, the popular @whitegrlproblem and the extremely clever spinoff @tringirlproblem.  tweet tweet.

Reading:  Of course, I've been staying intellectually stimulated by reading great works of literature.  This includes Chelsea Handler's My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, John Stewart's Naked Pictures of Famous People, Glamour and Cosmo, and of course the entire series of Harry Potter.  It's a summer tradition to read every book, cover to cover, as quickly as possible.  Gotta prep for the final installment in July!

Finally, I've been Missing TrinColl!  Can't wait to see all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment