Monday, March 21, 2011

Overstimulated

I'm on Spring Break, experiencing my godmother and mother berate and torture each other and generally act more immature than anyone I know; meeting and terrorizing my brother's new girlfriend; being a "role model" for two preteen children; and generally being tipsy and overwhelmed and chaotic.  Visits here are never quiet and I don't have time to complete a full thought, let alone make it presentable enough to post here.

Shelby (godmother) and my mom were freshman neighbors in Jarvis at TrinColl in 1981, and 30 years later they are still just as quarrelsome as ever.  (They were roommates sophomore year and didn't speak for eight months...I hope that doesn't happen to me).  Shelby could be the subject of an entire epic novel, but in short she is scatterbrained, creative, loud, obnoxious, and excessive.  Instead of buying one kind of alcohol, Shelby bought brew from five different countries; rum; red and white wine; and twenty kinds of homemade fruit-infused vodka.  These visits get cray-cray and I could compile a sampling of some of the most shocking things that were said at dinner, but honestly I've been drained of the energy.  Quotes from my brother's friends include "I've never seen anything like this,"  "This is so much fun," or "Wow, I've never smoked a Cuban with my mom." (That was a first for me as well).

I'm off to roadtrip down the California coast with Adam, his friends and his girlfriend, where rain is in the forecast and wi-fi will probably be spotty.  Hopefully hours in my brother's tiny Subaru with his life-threatening driving will give me more to write about when I return.

In other news, I'm entirely fed up with the name of my blog.  It was meant to be temporary, because I was forced to name the blog before I could publish, and nothing creative came to mind.  It still hasn't, but I honestly can't take myself seriously if my blog is named after a Ke$ha song.  Being around a 13-year-old girl for the last 72 hours has taught me that that is not the direction I want to go in life.

So I'm on the lookout for new inspiration, something fun and clever to define my little project here.  If anyone has any ideas, I would obviously love to hear them.

I hope everyone is enjoying their breaks or is settling back in to school.  Do something new and exciting this week, or at least get drunk a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Your mother must be so proud... or you must be so proud of your mother... or something like that! I need a drink!

    Drive safe, sleep well and do try something new. Getting drunk get so very old, so very fast. And not to mention expensive.

    Cheers,

    EMT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp I did what you said...drunk showww.
    P.s. I love your blog chloeee. miss you.

    ReplyDelete