Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday: Struggin' and Snuggin'

We all know Sundays can be brutal.  The combination of the hangover and all the procrastinated homework make for a pretty miserable morning.  It seems that dragging yourself to Mather brunch is the most productive thing that you'll get done that day.  It's easy to stress hard and feel awful for the majority of the day.  Headaches and droopy eyes in the library, trips to the cave to get junky study snacks, and showering off frat feet can really take their toll on your day.
Facing the thought of another Sunday
But after hours in the library and finally giving up on your reading, Sunday evenings can be kind of nice.  The roomies and I are snuggled up in our common room, watching the Emmys and munching on kettle corn.  Since I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to read four 30-page articles on the exact same subject for my three-hour Urban Studies class, I can spend a couple hours just surfing the internet.  It's the perfect time to catch up on everyone's weekend pictures on facebook, or do damage control from last night's festivities.  In another procrastination effort, I clean up my room, paint my nails, or do other relaxing, "productive" activities.  Knowing that I have six straight hours of class beginning at 9 am on Mondays, Sunday evenings are my last chance at freedom, and I manage to enjoy them

A day that starts out in suffering can end up being not that bad.  I'm feeling relaxed and accomplished and ready to start another week.  Sundays may have a bad rap, but they're bittersweet and relaxing in a way that I really appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment